Next Club Meeting – Sept. 18th (6:00pm)
Henry County Historical Society
606 S 14th St
New Castle, Indiana 47362
Highlights of August Meeting
The main topic of discussion was plans for an upcoming Fox Hunt. This fox hunt will be different than ones we have done in the past and we hope everyone will enjoy while developing this skill together with other members of the club.
On the Agenda
September’s meeting will include a session on building a simple DF antenna using a tape measure.
Below is the list of items needed in order to build the tape measure beam at the September meeting. Contact Ben Burris if you have any questions.
- 3/4” Schedule 40 PVC Pipe – 6 to 8 ft long 25″ will be used for antenna remaining will be used for mast
- 6 hose clams big enough to fit around the PVC pipe
- 1 3/4” PVC tee
- 2 3/4” PVC crosses
- 8’ coax with a connector for radio attached to one side. Smaller size works best
- 5” wire 18 gauge solid copper wire
- Rosin core solder
- Tape measure with 1” wide tape 10′ long
Hope to see you there.
Thank You Sent to Henry County Historical Society
The following letter was sent to the Henry County Historical Society to thank them for the use of the museum as our site for the 2017 Field Day.