- By KC9QEW
HENRY COUNTY (INDIANA) AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
1. It shall be the duty of the President at the meeting preceding the election of officers to appoint three members to audit the Treasurerâ€™s records.
2. NEW MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS Each applicant must express a willingness to abide by the Constitution and By-Laws and other rules officially set forth by the Club. An Applicant becomes a member upon submission of an application and payment of dues to the Executive Committee.
3. MEMBER REMOVAL A member may be removed form club membership status by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the voting membership of the Club. A member may be removed for the following violations:
1. Club By-Laws
2. Club Constitution
3. Federal Communications Commissionâ€™s rules and regulations for amateur radio service.
4. REINSTATEMENT OF REMOVED MEMBER A removed member may be reinstated by submitting an application, payment of dues (both to Executive Committee) and vote of two-thirds (2/3) of voting members.
5. CLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP
A. FULL MEMBER A licensed Amateur Radio operator having full voting rights and privileges. Exception: A member must be at least 18 years old to serve as a club officer.
B. ASSOCIATE MEMBER A person having a bona fide interest in Amateur Radio, but not having full voting rights or privileges.
C. HONORARY MEMBER The Club may bestow the title of Honorary Member on anyone it feels deserves the honor by a majority vote of the total voting membership. An Honorary Member does not have voting rights or privileges and is not permitted to serve as a club officer.
D. FAMILY MEMBERSHIP First member pays regular dues. Additional members pay half (1/2) regular dues each. Voting privileges to full dues paying member only.
6. DUES A yearly assessment of the following is to be paid in advance:
A. FULL MEMBER $12.00
B. ASSOCIATE MEMBER $6.00
C. FAMILY MEMBERSHIP $12.00 for first member and $6.00 for each additional member of family membership
D. HONORARY MEMBER No dues assessment.
These dues are hereby assessed in accordance with Article V of the Constitution for the purpose of providing funds for current expenses.
7. MEETINGS Regular meetings shall be held as established by the membership and approved by the Executive Committee. Special meetings may be called by the President upon the written request of any (5) club members. Notices shall be sent to members concerning special meetings and the business to be transacted. Such notices shall be so sent that in the ordinary postal delivery they arrive not less than two (2) days before meeting time.
8. ELECTION OF OFFICERS The president shall appoint an election committee of three members who will have charge of the distribution and counting of ballots. Election of officers shall be by secret ballot. Nominations may be taken from the floor but shall not be accepted after the balloting has begun. If a candidate is not present, the member making the nomination must vouch for the candidateâ€™s willingness to serve if elected. The candidate receiving the least number of votes shall be dropped and another vote taken. This process shall be continued until candidate received the majority of the votes cast. Installation of club officers shall take place immediately following their election. Only full members may vote for club officers.
9. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE The Executive committee shall consist of all officers of the club and shall have supervision of all club funds and properties. It shall constitute a standing committee for the consideration of such matters as may be referred to it by the President of the club membership. It shall receive all applications for membership and dues. It shall also act as the Advisory Committee of the Club before which business may be brought for discussion before being presented to any regular or special meeting of the Club.